While there is lots of talk about the ‘big’ festivals around the country this weekend such as Spraoi (www.spraoi.com ) in Waterford and racing in Galway, don’t forget there is still lots happening in Cork aswell. Here we bring you a selection of what’s on offer and there truly is something for all the family.
From way out west on the Sheep’s Head Peninsula to pretty Castlemartyr in East Cork, from the latest chart hits to traditional Irish Music and from thoroughbred horses to thoroughbred cars, you won’t be disappointed this weekend.
- Ahakista Festival & Regatta (www.ahakista.org ) on the Sheeps Head peninsula guarantees a fun weekend or day out for the family.
- Cork Racecourse (www.corkracecourse.ie) also has a busy schedule of races this weekend for those who enjoy a flutter.
- For music lovers the exciting Indiependence festival in Mitchelstown is a winner and details can be found at www.indiependencefestival.com
- Want to tire out the children? Then Trabolgan in East Cork is a must where their Bank Holiday line-up includes everything from Barney to zip wires. Visit www.trabolgan.com for more information.
- Kilta River Trad Fest ( www.patshortt.com ) in Castlemartyr in East Cork promises a fest of traditional music.
- Cork X Southwest in Skibbereen (www.corkxsw.com ), Ireland’s best one day music & arts festival.
- Blarney Classic & Vintage Car Show (http://www.discoveringcork.ie/blarney-classic-vintage-car-show/) is another fun filled weekend that will surely getting motoring enthusiasts excited.
- Barrack Hill Ball Roll, Cobh. A unique lottery event and a great fun event on Monday 02nd of August. www.barrackhillballroll.com
If you are looking for something to do this weekend, there is lots going on in Cork.
Check out our Cork accommodation for the best options around. Let no one say there is nothing to do this weekend. Happy Holidays.