Watch out folks, Cork Ireland is festival central for the month of September (actually thats the case all year round!). From telling tall tales, to traditional Irish music, history & culture to Star Wars, this is the place to be this month.
Cork has firmly established itself in Ireland as the place to go for a long weekend but so far they have it a secret from outsiders!! But with so much to see and do its time we stopped being selfish and let everyone else see what Cork has to offer.
- Live music in Cork City ongoing www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/eventguide/
- Cape Clear Storytelling Festival 3 – 5 Sept www.capeclearstorytelling.com
- Courtmacsherry Storytelling Festival 10 – 12 Sept www.courtmacsherry.ie
- La Traviata in Kilbrittain House 11 Sept www.everymanpalace.com
- Midleton Food & Drink Festival 11 Sept www.midletonfoodfestival.ie
- Star Wars Invasion, Cork 11 – 12 Sept www.invasion.ie
- A Taste of West Cork Food festival 11 – 19 Sept www.atasteofwestcork.com
- Frank O Connor Short Story Festival 15 – 19 Sept www.munsterlit.ie
- Clonakilty International Guitar Festival 16 – 19 Sept www.clonguitarfest.com
- East Cork Early Music Festival 16 – 20 Sept www.eastcorkearlymusic.ie
- Clonakilty Motion Festival 22 – 26 Sept www.clonakiltyconvention.com
- Cork Culture Night 24 Sept www.corkcity.ie/culturenight/
- Cobh Blues Festival 24 – 26 Sept www.cobhbluesfestival.com
- Youghal Celebrates History 24 – 26 Sept www.youghalcelebrateshistory.com
- Beamish Cork Folk Festival 30 Sept – 3 Oct www.corkfolkfestival.com
Cork is located on the south coast of Ireland and is a haven for good food,great pubs and exceptional outdoor activities such as whale watching, mountain biking, world class golf and more. Www.discoveringcork.ie is offering an array of exceptional value Cork hotel deals. So come visit in September and experience why Cork is Ireland’s festival capital.