Cork has received much praise in recent years for its burgeoning food reputation. To the forefront of this and the catalyst for this revived ‘food appreciation’ is Ballymaloe House in Cork. The Allen family have had a life long affair with food and their passion and enthusiasm has encouraged many others to get involved with the food movement. Ballymaloe House itself, is just a 40 minute drive from Cork City centre and sitting amongst old growth woods and rich pasture land.
Taste of Cork Package
- 1 night Maryborough House Hotel on a B&B basis (10 mins from Cork City Centre),
- 3 days car hire incl of CDW (Ford Focus or equivalent),
- 2 night’s accommodation in a Superior Room in Ballymaloe House including breakfast,
- 5 course dinner plus Tea/Coffee in the Yeats room,
- Lunch in the “Café at the end of the shop”,
- Signed Ballymaloe Cookbook, Gift pack of Ballymaloe Country Relish & Handmade Robyn Allen gift Soap set,
- Choice of 2 experiences from the following:
- 7am Bread baking lesson with the pastry chefs
- 30 min Guided tour through the garden with Mags, the head gardener and take some seeds home for planting
- 5pm Guided tour of the wine cellar with their sommelier and sample some of the world famous wines or port
Package is available from the 1st October to 30th April 2016.
Maryborough House may be swapped with an equivalent city centre hotel if required.
Price from €575.00 per person sharing.