Cork to Kerry Drive Highlights
- Macroom Castle – Old Castle in the middle of town.
- Bealick Mills – Restored Mills & Heritage Centre
- Prince August Toy Soldier Factory – A particular must for all sort of model collectors.
- Muckross House & Killarney Lakes – Heritage site
- Seafari Cruises – Excursion in Kenmare
Cork – Killarney
Head west from Cork city following the signs for Macroom & Killarney (N22) (this is well signposted and easy to follow.
Macroom & Ballyvourney are on the same road (N22) and you pass through the middle of both. The route is very well signposted.
Killarney – Kenmare
Drive south from Killarney towards the Killarney National Park (N71). From here you drive past the lakes and up through the mountains towards Molls Gap. All along this route there are scenic stopping points but at the Gap, the views are incredible. You can see back towards Killarney and out over Kenmare.
Kenmare – Cork
Clearly following the signs out of Kenmare and stay on the N71 until it intersects the N22 (main Cork – Killarney road). At this T junction turn right and it is a direct run route back to Cork.
- Total Distance 215KM
- Return Driving Time 3hrs 20 mins